Gerard Saraber wrote:

> ps. I'm trying to get S3 to give me the register specs for the Savage4
> card, I'm planning on
> writing a "glue" .so that has to be (unfortunately) closed source to
> interface with the video card,
> and a Mesa driver that interfaces with the "glue" library. (just like
> the 3dfx setup with their glide library)

        I already have a Savage4 KGI driver (also closed-source) written which
works with the GGI Mesa backend.  As soon as I update GGIMesa's KGI
target code to be able to use the new ping-pong command FIFO system I
just recently hacked into KGIcon, the whole system should be quite
fast.  If you manage to get S3 to let you sign an NDA, let me know and
you can have a look at my sources and/or contribute some if you want to.

Jon