Well, from reading the licence FAQ it might answer Gareth Hughes
question about that extension:

  "Some ways we can work together might include implementations of new
   ARB-specified OpenGL extensions..."

However, I'd really like to here responces to this comment:

  "Based on discussions with some of the active Mesa developers,
   there's a reasonable chance of merging the two together
   into a single reference implementation and driver kit over time."

Have they talk to you about it Brian?  Or are you at liberty to discuss
it?  What kind of "time" are we talking about and how does this relate
to getting an "official" OpenGL implementation branding?

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Stephen J Baker wrote:

> So, what does this:
>
>http://www.quicken.com/investments/news/story/pr/?story=/news/stories/pr/20000126/sfw052.htm&symbol=SGI
> ...mean for the future of Mesa?

C.J. Beyer