As I wrote earlier, I changed the old-style Makefile so that the
libGL, libGLU, and libglut libraries are implicitly linked with
the libraries that each is dependent on.

This is done with the GL_LIB_DEPS, GLU_LIB_DEPS, GLUT_LIB_DEPS and
APP_LIB_DEPS vars in the Make-config file.  These are used in the
bin/mklib.linux script.

Non-Linux configs haven't been changed.  The old XLIBS var was just
replaced by APP_LIB_DEPS.  People who use OSes other than Linux
are welcome to change the library dependences on those systems.

Also, thread safety is now enabled by default for all Linux configs.

I encourage people to download and test these changes and report any
problems.

-Brian