On poniedziałek, 9 lutego 2009 17:40:30 Markus Amsler wrote:
> Maciej Cencora wrote:
> > On poniedziałek, 9 lutego 2009 15:15:53 you wrote:
> >> I gave it a try on a r300 and r500:
> >> tests/fog:
> >>    - r300 : all triangles black
> >>    - r500: corrupted triangles but correct color
> >> tests/focoord: r300/r500 all triangles white
> >> demos/fogcoord: r300/r500 fog seems ok, but corrupted geometry
> >> demos/tunnel: r300/r500 GPU lockups :(
> >> Wow 3.0.8: r300/r500 GPU lockups
> >>
> >> The patch didn't apply cleanly for me to git/master. Splitting the patch
> >> up in rs rewrite/fogcoord stuff would make regression testing easier.
> >>
> >> Markus
> >
> > I've already found one problem that could be causing lockups when fog is
> > used. Here is updated version (and rebased on current master branch):
> > http://pastebin.com/m5287267f
> > I fixed also W pos support for non tcl hw, not sure about tcl hw. If
> > those patches will still lockup your GPU I'll split the patch again (it
> > was splitted at the beginning but my git foo isn't good - I squashed
> > wrong patches).
> >
> > Maciej
>
> Wow much better :). All lookups are gone
> r300: everything works perfect
> r500: demos/fogcoord, demos/tunnel, WoW: geometry corruption
>       tests/fog, tests/fogcoord: no fog/wrong fog
>
> On r300 in WoW I noticed the "distance fog" is not working at all. I
> have the suspicion it's because fragment/vertex programs circumvent the
> fixed function fog stuff.
>
> Markus

Great :) I'll investigate r500 path to see what I'm doing wrong (probably RS
setup). Fixed function fog is done with shaders too when EXT_fog_coords
extension is enabled (is just the way the mesa works) so that's not it. Could
you try narrowing down the WoW distance fog problem (maybe with other app)?

Maciej