On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 13:10 -0800, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

> > > I haven't tried building gallium at all, but is there interest in
> > > adding support to the autoconf goo? I don't know how well it would fit
> > > in with the current semantics (--enable-driver=...), but I could take
> > > a look.
> >
> > I would definitely appreciate that.
>
> Maybe this is a dumb question,
>
> but is it possible to build both gallium drivers and classic drivers from
> the same tree at the same time?
>
> or is distro life going to be made shit yet again.

Anything's possible -- I guess I'm not clear on which is preferable, so
feedback is welcome.

We can do either:
  - have some new build targets, like "linux-gallium-dri" etc, that
build the drivers and put them in mesa/lib/xyz_dri.so
or
  - build both lots of drivers, and put the gallium ones in a new
directory, like mesa/lib/gallium/xyz_dri.so

Note that there are going to be multiple, different copies of xyz_dri.so
in the second approach.

Is there a third option?

Keith