Hi all,

First of all: hello to everyone!

I'm new here, and I won't be involved much in Mesa development, but I'd like to
post a tiny improvement. Sorry if it has been discussed before... (I had a
quick look into the archive and it seems not).

Actually, I noticed a problem when compiling the OpenSceneGraph toolkit against
Mesa 7.4.1, under Win32/MSVC8:
In mesa_wgl.h, it reads (line 47):

#if defined(__MINGW32__)
#  ifndef WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#    define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN 1
#  endif
#  include <windows.h>
#endif

And I think there should be three little changes:
1. Include windows.h for all Windows builds (not only MinGW).
2. Define NOMINMAX, since we don't need these two stupid macros.
3. _WIN32_WINNT is sometimes not defined, and that can be a source of problem.

So my proposition is to write:

#if defined(__MINGW32__) || defined(WIN32)
#  ifndef WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#    define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN 1
#  endif
#  ifndef NOMINMAX
#    define NOMINMAX 1
#  endif
#  ifndef _WIN32_WINNT
#    define _WIN32_WINNT    0x0400
#  endif
#  include <windows.h>
#endif

What do you think about it?
I tried it and successfully compiled OpenSceneGraph 2.9 (partially : osg,
osgDB, osgUtil, osgViewer), and tested an example.

I'm not 100% sure, but maybe the lines:

#if defined(__MINGW32__)
#  define __W32API_USE_DLLIMPORT__
#endif

Also have to be changed to:

#if defined(__MINGW32__) || defined(WIN32)
#  define __W32API_USE_DLLIMPORT__
#endif

Hope it helps!

And finally, I know this is not the good mailing list for that, but is there a
way to do:
1. Pure software OpenGL with Mesa-Win32?
2. Hardware/Software mixed OpenGL (= Hardware when supported, Software when
not)?

Thank you.

--
Sukender