Dnia poniedziałek, 1 czerwca 2009 o 12:44:20 Michel Dänzer napisał(a):
> On Sat, 2009-05-30 at 21:00 +0200, Maciej Cencora wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this round of patches for r300 brings:
> > 1) hardware accelerated support for 8bit and 16bit vertex attribute data
> > formats,
> > 2) support for 16bit vertex indices,
> > 3) support for EXT_vertex_array_bgra extension,
> > 4) T&L path cleanup. it's used when hardware TCL is enabled, but we have
> > to fallback for software TCL - clipping is still done in hardware unlike
> > in software TCL path.
> >
> > Those patches are unfinished, to be done:
> > 1) unmap bo's after rendering is finished
> > Currently the map/unmap functions are noop so it's working ok, but when
> > we will add support for VBO's it won't work.
> >
> > 2) handle big endian machines correctly
> > Is this really an issue?
>
> The driver certainly used to have special code for non-32-bit elts on
> big endian. How can I test this on my PowerBook?

Hmm, since vbo branch merge all elts are always 32bit. I've looked a little at
the code before the merge and I couldn't find any big endian specific code for
elt handling, but maybe I just haven't looked hard enough.

mesa/progs/trivial/draw2arrays is using unsigned bytes as indexes, change it
to unsigned shorts and check if the rendering is correct.

Maciej Cencora