On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 13:49, Jakob Bornecrantz<ja...@vmware.com> wrote:
> On 24 aug 2009, at 13.12, RALOVICH, Kristóf wrote:

>>> On my machine with i915 and KMS, I can
>>>
>>> $ ./configure --disable-{glut,glu,glw} --with-dri-drivers=""
>>> $ make
>>> $ sudo make install
>>>
>>> It uses the default config values, and it will compile and install
>>> libGL.so, libEGL.so, and EGL_i915.so.  The libGL.so is a standard linux
>>> libGL with GLX, but we will only need its entry points.  You may as well
>>> delete it.  Then you can run
>>>
>>> $ cd progs/egl
>>> $ EGL_DRIVER=/usr/local/lib/dri/EGL_i915.so ./eglgears
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> olv
>>>

>> Thanks for the pointer.
>>
>> So far I was trying to run progs/egl/demo1, but that fails in an ugly
>> way for me. eglgears starts, but bails with the following:
>>
>> debug_get_option: GALLIUM_TRACE = (null)
>> debug_get_bool_option: GALLIUM_RBUG = FALSE
>> get chip id failed: -1
>> param: 4, val: 0
>> get fences failed: -1
>> param: 6, val: 0
>> debug_get_bool_option: INTEL_SOFTPIPE = FALSE
>> debug_get_bool_option: INTEL_DUMP_CMD = FALSE
>> i915_create_screen: unknown pci id 0x2a42, cannot create screen
>> eglgears: eglInitialize failed
>>

>> It seems EGL_i915.so doesnt like my GM4500. Is there a way to do
>> software rendering (like swrast or softpipe)?
>
> export INTEL_SOFTPIPE=true should get you running on i965 class hardware.
>
> Cheers Jakob.

Thanks Jakob I am one stpe further. Under X I got this:

t...@t500:~/priv/srcxorg/mesa/progs/egl$ INTEL_SOFTPIPE=true
EGL_DRIVER=~/priv/xorg/lib64/dri/EGL_i915.so ld-x ./eglgears
debug_get_option: GALLIUM_TRACE = (null)
debug_get_bool_option: GALLIUM_RBUG = FALSE
get chip id failed: -1
param: 4, val: 0
get fences failed: -1
param: 6, val: 0
debug_get_bool_option: INTEL_SOFTPIPE = TRUE
debug_get_bool_option: INTEL_DUMP_CMD = FALSE
libEGL Warning: Could not retrive kms information

eglgears: EGL version = 1.4
eglgears: EGL_VENDOR = Mesa Project
eglgears: eglGetModesMESA failed!

Is there any way to run EGL under X?

From the command line (tty1, resolution is native 1680x1050) I got an
assertion at intel_be_device.c:198 since the height, 1050 is not a
multiple of 8. Uncommenting the assert lets me run eglgears.

Thanks,
Kristof