michal schrieb:
> Christoph Bumiller pisze:
>> michal schrieb:
>>
>>> This branch simplifies pipe/p_format.h by making enum pipe_format
>>> what it should have been -- an enum.

>>> I would like to hear from r300 and nouveau guys, as those drivers
>>> were using some internal macros and I weren't 100% sure I got the
>>> conversion right.
>>>
>> Hi !
>> In nv50_vbo.c/nv50_vbo_type_to_hw you imply that
>> UTIL_FORMAT_LAYOUT_ARITH
>> means normalized (UNORM,  SNORM) and LAYOUT_ARRAY means SCALED, which
>> seems to be not the case.
>>
>> PIPE_FORMAT_R32G32B32A32_SNORM for instance also has layout ARRAY.
>> I'm not sure what ARRAY/ARITH are supposed to mean ...
>>

> Thanks, I will fix that.
>
>> Anyway, you could probably base the check on channel[0].normalized,
>> since the formats used
>> for vertex elements are not mixed.
>> I still don't see how to distinguish SCALED and INT though, which at
>> some point will have
>> to indicate integer attributes ...
>>

> Aren't those the same? What's the distinction between SCALED and INT
> on NV hardware?

Setting vertex attributes to SCALED does conversion from int to float,
UINT/SINT on the other hand provides them as 32 bit *integers* to the
vertex program (with appropriate extension, so it's not necessarily the
same as setting them to FLOAT).

What was the plan for VertexAttrib*I*Pointer (at that point where our
shaders actually use integers as integers) ?

Thanks, Christoph