On 03.02.2010 17:45, michal wrote:
> Roland Scheidegger wrote on 2010-02-03 16:47:
>> On 03.02.2010 16:07, michal wrote:
>>
>>> Keith,
>>>
>>> This feature branch adds cylindrical wrap texcoord mode to gallium
>>> shader tokens and removes prefilter field from sampler state.
>>> Implemented cylindrical wrapping for linear interpolator in softpipe.
>>> Not sure whether it makes sense to do it for perspective interpolator.
>>> Documented TGSI declaration token.
>>>
>>> Sample fragment shader declaration that wraps S and T coordinates follows.
>>>
>>> DCL INPUT[0], GENERIC[0], LINEAR, CYLWRAP_XY
>>>
>>> Please review so I can merge it to master.
>>>
>> Michal,
>>
>> why do you need this for linear interpolator and not perspective? I
>> think d3d mobile let you disable perspective correct texturing, but it
>> is always enabled for normal d3d.
>>
> I could not think of a use case that uses perspective and cylindrical
> interpolation at the same time. If you think it's valid, we can
> implement cylindrical wrapping for perspective interpolator, but then I
> am not sure how exactly it should be done, i.e. should we divide and
> then wrap or the opposite?

Good question. Unfortunately the description of what the wrap
renderstate does doesn't say anything about that. I just assumed since
perspective correction is usually always enabled, it would be enabled
even when wrapping is used on some coordinates. Not sure what the order
of wrap/divide should be... Also, d3d lets you wrap the 4th coordinate,
does that really make sense?

Roland