On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Eric Anholt <e...@anholt.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 13:01:50 -0800, Ian Romanick <i...@freedesktop.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to remove a bunch of the visuals and fbconfigs exposed by the
>> Intel drivers.  There are several categories of visuals that are likely
>> not useful to anyone.  A couple of our test suites (e.g., glean) like to
>> run over every possible visual.  As a result, the test suites take an
>> extraordinary amount of time to run.
>>
>> I propose removing:
>>
>>   * All 24-bit depth / 0-bit stencil visuals.  These are compatible with
>> the default state of a 24-bit depth / 8-bit stencil visual and offer no
>> memory savings.  This will eliminate 24 (of 72) visuals by itself.
>>
>>   * All but one of the visuals with accumulation buffer.  Accumulation
>> is a software path in the Intel drivers (though this could be fixed), so
>> I don't see any utility in offering multiple, optimized buffer
>> configuration choices.  This will eliminate an additional 23 visuals.
>>
>> This will leave the 25 visuals and 37 fbconfigs that are likely to be
>> useful.
>
> Yes!

Wouldn't it be better to make piglit default to --quick for glean
tests? Then add a switch to piglit runner that removes the quick
option.

If quick option doesn't test enough configs yes glean could select
some 2 to 4 configs to test.

But I don't oppose cleaning the fbconfig list. Specially when their
value is questionable.