On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 09:42 -0800, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> 2010/2/19 Kristian Høgsberg <k...@bitplanet.net>:

> >> I've remove _mesa_bzero() just now, plus some other macro wrappers.
> >>
> >> We might as well remove the malloc/calloc() wrappers too, but that'll
> >> be a bit more work.
> >
> > I'm using:
> >
> >  git grep -l _mesa_malloc | xargs sed -ie s/_mesa_malloc/malloc/g
> >
> > which does most of the work.  I'll do the same thing for _mesa_calloc
> > and _mesa_free, review the result and commit that.
>
> All done.  I was looking at the MALLOC, CALLOC, MALLOC_STRUCT,
> CALLOC_STRUCT, and FREE macros and the ALIGN_* macros for the
> _mesa_align_* functions.  Do we want to drop those too?

Given that we'll unify these for gallium and mesa it's better leave them
allone for now -- it will make it easier to search'n'replace when we do
that.

I hope to get started on this task next week.

> I hesitated
> because src/gallium/README.portability says "Use MALLOC, CALLOC, FREE
> instead of the malloc, calloc, free functions."  But as far as I can
> see, they're not redefined or anything for gallium and they just
> resolve to the standard malloc, calloc and free functions.  Am I
> missing something?

On gallium they only resolve to malloc/calloc/free on certain platforms
-- Linux & Windows user space. And even in Windows debug we use malloc
debugging macros.

Jose