On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:00:28AM -0700, Brian Paul wrote:
> We should also be thinking about texture array targets.  With a 2D
> texture array, the S and T coords would be normalized, but not R.
>
> I think we either need new texture targets for RECT, 1D_ARRAY,
> 2D_ARRAY, etc. or per-dimension normalization flags.  I'm thinking the
> former may be better (simpler) since textures are created as a
> particular type and not changed afterward.  We also know the texture
> type/target when we execute TEX shader instructions.  If it's part of
> sampler state it gives the impression that it's variable state, but it
> really isn't.

The latter is probably unworkable because :
- filtering is done only on the selected texture and not between
  elements of the array
- mipmaps are per-selected texture, giving a very different layout
  than the dim+1 texture type

Intel has different hardware types for say 2D_ARRAY vs. 3D, probably
for these reasons.

  OG.