> One more thing: I'm maintaining the u_format* modules. I'm not speaking the
> just in the long term, but in the sense I'm actually working on this as we
> speak.  Please do not make this kind of deep reaching changes to the u_format
> stuff in master without clearing them first with me.

Yes sorry, it was an attempt to fix breakage originally caused by code
of mine that was sent out in a non-fully-mergeable state (to prevent
duplicate work on half float conversion) and got merged anyway.

Since master was already broken (due to u_gctors.cpp not being picked
up by ld), it seemed a good idea to try to fix it.

Unfortunately what seemed to be an easy fix gradually became something
much more invasive than originally envisioned.

After realizing the util_format_init thing wouldn't work out, I should
have made these call util_format_s3tc_init again (was changed so they
would init util_half as well) and then sent the util_foramt changes
for review.

I added a gallium-util-format-is-supported branch to hold the work and
the fix I just sent.
Sorry for not doing that in the first place.