On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:06 PM, Jerome Glisse <gli...@freedesktop.org>wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 08:40:35PM +0530, nitesh suthar wrote:
> > Hello All
> >
> > I want to continue to write DRI Driver s3c6410.
> >
> > For now I have complete user manual of that hardware.
> >
> > I have kernel side driver & code for hardware call.
> >
> > A user space compiled shaired library.
> >
> > I am able to compile opengl-es application and run over board easily.
> >
> > What would be easiest way to convert that library  or link that shared
> > library to work with Mesa ?
> >
> > or Does mesa provide any framework where I just need to make hardware
> call
> > fur functions ?
> >
> > Please suggest us some idea or link where we could start developing Mesa
> lib
> > for s3c6410.
> >

> > Thanks &Regards
> >
> > Nitesh Suthar
> > Software Developer and IT Engineer
> > (Prosoftworld Pvt Lt.)
>
> Do you want to reimplement a full opensource driver using mesa ? If
> so you can forget about the GL ES library you are using and start
> looking at how to implement a driver in mesa from scratch (this is
> a complex and time consuming task) First you will have to choose
> btw classic mesa or gallium, if your hw support glsl shader then
> you should choose gallium (looks at src/gallium/drivers for example).
>
> Also it's not clear what kind of documentation you have, does user
> manual you have cover hw and how to program it ? (not how to use
> the library provided).
>
> Maybe if you tell us why you want to do a mesa driver it would allow
> us to give you more proper advices.
>
> Cheers,
> Jerome

Our objective is to design UI using GtkGlExt , GLES and Clutter.
and all those goes through x-window and mesa structure

we have user manual which cover hardware and also have
driver source code.

so is it possible to write driver from scratch ? but first
preferrence would be just call exist shared library from mesa library.

so how could we achieve this ? ,  let us know if any other suggestion

thanks & regards
Nitesh