Hi Rui,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have been doing some reading to 
see if I can better understand and communicate about this. I inherited this 
project which was set up already, so I am playing catch up. The project is 
Dunfell-based and uses the Poky reference release with our layer added to it. 
It did not have the meta-amdgpu layer. It is using:

./meta-edgeos/recipes- graphics/xorg-driver/ xf86- video-amdgpu_19.1.0.bb ( 
http://xf86-video-amdgpu_19.1.0.bb/ )

Our graphics application running our game system is written in Java and 
utilizes OpenGL. Our existing Yocto project is fielded (10's of 1,000s) and is 
working fine for our existing embedded PC boards with various generation AMD 
processors. However, when attempting to make a portable demo laptop of our game 
system, I began running into trouble. I tried using a Lenovo Flex 5 with Ryzen 
5000 Series 3 Radeon Graphics. The game runs into an OpenGL Exception trying to 
load the GL4BC profile. I tried adding the meta-amdgpu layer , but the issue 
remained. I tried later releases of the Jogamp/Jogl libraries used in our Java 
app, but that did not help.  On 5/4/22 we received and tried an Acer Aspire 3, 
with an Amd Ryzen 5 2500U Radeon Vega Mobile Graphics and it works without any 
problem at all. No OpenGL Exception. The Acer Aspire is closer to the actual 
embedded board we ship with our product. As we continue with game development, 
we will need to support later generation AMD processors, so I am tasked with 
making this work.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thank you for your time,

Glenn
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#134): https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/meta-amd/message/134
Mute This Topic: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/mt/90140513/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/meta-amd/unsub 
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Reply via email to