Hello,
For a while now I am trying to create a custom device tree overlay for the BBB/
BBG. It doesn't go so well. I started to think whether it would not be more
feasible to have a custom base dts file instead (just like
`am335x-bonegreen.dts` or `am335x-boneblack.dts`. Based on one of these 2 files
I could create, say, `am335x-bonepink.dts`. Assuming this `am335x-bonepink.dts`
would reside in some dir I have access to, what would be the preffered Poky way
of implementing it into the build? By that I mean that during bitbake it would
be compiled to a *.dtb and placed in the boot directory along with the other
dtb files. Do I need to create a custom recipe/ layer for that and add it to
the build via `bitbake-layers add-layer`? If yes, how would the steps look like
in practice (I am quite new to Yocto/ Poky)?

I would appreciate all feedback!