When making any custom changes in Yocto, your always going to want to
create your own meta layer so that you can keep your changes separate
and so you can revision control your stuff.

This guide from Toradex seems to do a decent job explaining it all.
Though the names of different recipes will have to be adjusted for the
boneblack.

https://developer.toradex.com/linux-bsp/os-development/build-yocto/custom-meta-layers-recipes-and-images-in-yocto-project-hello-world-examples/#customize-the-kernel

--
Jonathan Cormier
Software Engineer

Voice:  315.425.4045 x222

http://www.CriticalLink.com
6712 Brooklawn Parkway, Syracuse, NY 13211