Hi,

I have a custom TI816x board that uses a modified kernel from the TI PSP.
 Kernel is of the 2.6.37 flavor.  I'm trying to migrate to OE Core
environment and I'm having trouble with getting the kernel to work.

With the toolchain in denzil (gcc version 4.6.4 20120303), kernel will at
least boot but will die with:

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000002
pgd = c0004000
[00000002] *pgd=00000000
Internal error: Oops: 5 [#1]

Any of the more modern toolchains (poky/meta-ti master or Linaro
(gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.07-1_linux) are used, the kernel
won't even make a peep ... nothing is displayed.

I wouldn't think the version of u-boot would matter but in case it does the
one I'm using is 2010.06 that was modified from one of the TI PSP's for our
custom board.

Anyone know what I have to do to get this kernel to build with newer
toolchains?  It builds fine with the Code Sourcery arm-2009q1-203.

Regards,

Brian
_______________________________________________
meta-ti mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-ti

Reply via email to