On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 7:41 AM Cristóvão Cordeiro
<cristovao.corde...@sixsq.com> wrote:

> Dear Bruce,
>
> I've been trying to build docker-ce with the meta-rapsberrrypi layer. I've
> appended "systemd" distro to my build. When doing `bitbake docker-ce` I get
> an error about
>

> update-rc.d:
> /home/ubuntu/os-raspberrypi/tmp/work/raspberrypi3-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-base/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/init.d/docker.init:
>  file does not
>
>  exist
>

> After digging for a bit, I've traced this to the following lines:
> https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-virtualization/tree/recipes-containers/docker/docker-ce_git.bb?h=zeus#n105
>  , where it states that docker.init shall not be installed if systemd in
> DISTRO. That's ok.
>
> But then, in
> https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-virtualization/tree/recipes-containers/docker/docker.inc?h=zeus#n56
>  , INITSCRIPT_NAME is set to docker.init cause sysvinit is also in DISTRO.
>
> Isn't this an inconsistency? Those two conditions should be similar IMO. The
> only way to bypass this is to add DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED =
> "sysvinit" to the build.

Last I checked, you need to have DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED =
"sysvinit" to enable systemd. It still is in the example .conf files
that I see in master.  But it is possible, I missed a change that it
is no longer required.

So what you've ended up is with both init systems active at the same
time, and yes, I'm sure that it causing trouble. The check in question
has been there for some time, without issue, so there's definitely
something different in your config than most of the current users

FWIW: I don't know of many (any) sysvinit users and docker, so I'm
considering dropping the support completely.

Bruce

--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end