Dear Bruce,

I've been trying to build docker-ce with the meta-rapsberrrypi layer. I've
appended "systemd" distro to my build. When doing `bitbake docker-ce` I get
an error about

update-rc.d:
/home/ubuntu/os-raspberrypi/tmp/work/raspberrypi3-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-base/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/init.d/
docker.init: file does not

 exist

After digging for a bit, I've traced this to the following lines:
https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-virtualization/tree/recipes-containers/docker/docker-ce_git.bb?h=zeus#n105
,
where it states that docker.init shall not be installed if systemd in
DISTRO. That's ok.

But then, in
https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-virtualization/tree/recipes-containers/docker/docker.inc?h=zeus#n56
,
INITSCRIPT_NAME is set to docker.init cause sysvinit is also in DISTRO.

Isn't this an inconsistency? Those two conditions should be similar IMO.
The only way to bypass this is to add DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED =
"sysvinit" to the build.

Best regards,

Cristovao