On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 6:26 AM, Nathan Rossi <nat...@nathanrossi.com> wrote:

> I tested this with both the emacps and the macb driver (linux-xlnx
> kernel v2016.2, on a ZYBO). Both advertise and link correctly with a
> 100M switch and forced advert 100M with a 1G switch, and packets are
> transmitted and received correctly.

Appreciate the confirmation, Nathan.

> If you are having issues with this before diving into the board/hw/etc
> testing double check your clock setup (and that it is propagated to
> FSBL/SPL correctly), and/or EMIO setup if you are routing through PL.

I'll be doing so in coming days.  But despite the initial clock setup
from FSBL, won't Linux mess with the registers during boot and
ethernet initialization?  I wonder, can I change the link speed while
in u-boot to see if it works there?  I'm tftping in u-boot
successfully, probably at 1Gbps.