On 31 January 2018 at 01:33, Bishop, Mark (STRT)
<mbis...@smithsinterconnectinc.com> wrote:
> I should use a different package/recipe?

If you need the feature then maybe. If you don't know what it does see
->
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-SERIAL_CONSOLES_CHECK

I'm not sure if petalinux defaults to setting it. But I do know that
it is default set for the zcu102 machine in meta-xilinx, and also in
the Xilinx release versions of meta-xilinx for all machines.

https://github.com/Xilinx/meta-xilinx/blob/rel-v2017.4/conf/machine/zcu102-zynqmp.conf#L17

Setting the value to empty will disable it (in local.conf or your
machine.conf). And thus allow the sysinit-initab recipe to skip the
runtime postinst requirement.

SERIAL_CONSOLES_CHECK = ""

Regards,
Nathan