On 31 January 2018 at 03:45, Manjukumar Harthikote Matha
<manju...@xilinx.com> wrote:
> Hi Nathan,

Its a bit tricky since read-only-rootfs is a image feature which means
its not generally available knowledge at the time which
sysvinit-inittab would be able to disable its postinst. Though you
could have sysvinit-initab split its serial check into a separate
package, and have it excluded somehow.

But since its not a commonly needed feature it might be easier to
transition to systemd for its features? Though another option would be
to implement a feature in getty to lets its process wait for the
device if they don't exist or something.

Regards,
Nathan