Hi,

How do I keep the device tree compatible across the board revisions if phy
addrs are different?
We got a new board revision with a different phy reg, where old rev reg ==
0x3, new rev reg == 0x0.

Here's the DT:

> ps7_ethernet_0: ps7-ethernet@e000b000 {
> local-mac-address = [00 0e 64 10 00 00];
> phy-handle = <&phy3>;
> phy-mode = "rgmii-id";
> mdio {
> #address-cells = <1>;
> #size-cells = <0>;
> phy3: phy@3 {
>                                         /* Atheros 8035 */
>                                         compatible =
> "ethernet-phy-id004d.d072";
> /* compatible = "ethernet-phy-ieee802.3-c22";*/
> device_type = "ethernet-phy";
> reg = <0x3>;
> };
> };
> };

So far, with the old revision (addr==0x3) I have tried to remove 'reg'
hoping it would do some sort of scanning but the macb driver
(macb_mii_probe) registers 32 phy structs then picks the first one
(addr==0) and timeouts trying to reset it.

Thanks,

Oleg Dzhimiev
Electronics Engineer
phone: +1 801 783 5555 x124