Hi

I am trying to get a meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-tools build (using versions Rocko
& rel-v2018.2) to boot on an Ultra96 board. Following the various bits of
guidance from this list I have successfully built, and have all the files I
would expect in tmp/deploy/images/.

The files do not seem to boot - or at least I don't see anything on the serial
(via the Avnet serial to USB dongle for the Ultra96).

I have read on another forum
(http://zedboard.org/content/j6-serial-port-appears-not-be-working) that the
default config of the FSBL for the Ultra96 board does not configure the UART
properly and indeed using a 'hacked' boot.bin which has been 'fixed' from that
forum entry I can boot the board and see output on the UART.

My questions are:

- Has anyone else successfully booted an Ultra96 using
meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-tools?
- If so, did you see anything on the UART? Were any changes made to the FSBL
configuration to achieve this?

Any comments or guidance gratefully received!

Thanks & regards
Simon Goda