Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstan...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> Thanks, Eric. I'm testing this out now. Quick question -- I'm assuming this
> can't be done online, while new messages are arriving, correct?  Should the
> procedure be to stop incoming mail, perform the edits, then start the mail
> again?

It is designed to be done online by flock-ing inbox.lock.  All
the write operations are protected by that lock; I use -learn
all the time to remove spam and also used to --reindex
frequently.

For messages deeper into history, then it takes longer to replay
subsequent history and blocks -mda/-watch messages for longer.

I just noticed, the status message triggers a perl uninitialized
warning with multiple epochs, but it's harmless.   Will fix in a
bit.