On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 08:46:33PM +0000, Eric Wong wrote:
> > It was sent to io...@lists.linux-foundation.org (mailman) and to a bunch of
> > vger lists, all of which have higher boosts in the configuration, e.g.
> > netdev:
>
> boost doesn't come into effect due to the Mailman footer from
> the iommu list.  extindex and v2 both account for content
> differences despite sharing the same Message-ID
> (deduplicating purely on Message-ID would be open to abuse
>  (and many old MUA-side bugs))

Ah-ha, okay. I clearly misunderstood its purpose. No worries, I see now that
when we retrieve t.mbox.gz, the mailbox contains both the iommu and the vger
sources, which should allow me to pick the preferred version based on the
criteria I need (e.g. DKIM validation).

> I'm planning on having a "diff view" to more easily distinguish
> between different messages having the same Message-ID.  It would
> make it easier to highlight buggy clients, Mailman misconfigurations,
> and malicious attempts to obscure/confuse readers.

Indeed, I agree that it's best to give access to both instead of always
returning the boosted-list version, as this would allow someone for malicious
message-id stuffing.

Now I just need to hack b4 to define a better criteria for when results have
multiple identical message-id's.

Thanks,
-K