Luis Chamberlain <mcg...@kernel.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 09:44:20PM +0000, Eric Wong wrote:
> > Luis Chamberlain <mcg...@kernel.org> wrote:
> > > # The next two don't work
> > > lei import import https://lore.kernel.org/linux-fsdevel/git/0.git
> > > lei add-external git://lore.kernel.org/linux-fsdevel/git/0.git
> >
> > Apologies, I need to document this better.  This should work:
> >
> >   lei add-external --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-fsdevel
> > SOME_FS_PATH
>
> Groovy thanks! I'll start with that!
>
> Any reason we need to specify SOME_FS_PATH ? Can't we assume a sensible
> default somewhere in .local/lei or whatever in the future?

Probably OK to have a default path for --mirror, the
add-external w/o --mirror works for existing inboxes (which I
also serve via -httpd/-imapd/-nntpd).

I think ~/.local/public-inbox/ would be a better default location
for mirrors, since I assume anything mirrored is public (and
therefor to rehost, as well).