On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 5:22 PM Eric Wong <e...@80x24.org> wrote:
> Since epochs expose the gittyness of lei, perhaps a limited form
> of commitish-like ranges used by git would work:
>
>   lei add-external --mirror $URL --epoch=0..9
>   lei add-external --mirror $URL --epoch=5..
>   lei add-external --mirror $URL --epoch=~2..  # like HEAD~2..

That looks sexy.

I mentioned the query option so that I could end up displaying on
'make menuconfig' the epochs dynamically, it would be a script that
wants the list of epochs, and I'd use this to dynamically populate
kconfig. Dynamic population of kconfig is not a yet well understood
thing, but I've figured out a way to do it :)

> That only works for contiguous ranges, though; but I'm also
> unsure if discontiguous ranges make sense to anyone.
>
> There's other syntaxes (e.g. (sed|Perl)-like), of course,
> but I think git-like here would be most natural.
>
> Thoughts?

I think the above would suffice for sure!

  Luis