On Tue, Oct 05, 2021 at 04:39:54AM +0000, Eric Wong wrote:
> Eric Wong <e...@80x24.org> wrote:
> > b) just reindex in place (it /should/ work...)
>
> I reindexing live on yhbt/lore and it didn't break...
>
> Btw, did you see my other questions about whether or not boost
> was in use?

Yes, but I was attending the Linux Security Summit last week, so my attention
was all over the place. We do use boost values there. Looking at that
particular message, it was sent to regressions and linux-wireless, which have
different boost values:

[publicinbox "regressions"]
  address = regressi...@lists.linux.dev
  url = regressions
  inboxdir = /srv/public-inbox/lore.kernel.org/regressions
  indexlevel = full
  newsgroup = dev.linux.lists.regressions
  boost = 11
  listid = regressions.lists.linux.dev

[publicinbox "linux-wireless"]
  address = linux-wirel...@vger.kernel.org
  url = linux-wireless
  inboxdir = /srv/public-inbox/lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless
  indexlevel = full
  newsgroup = org.kernel.vger.linux-wireless
  boost = 10
  listid = linux-wireless.vger.kernel.org

we give lists.linux.dev a higher boost value because we populate it straight
from watched mlmmj archive dirs and it's more likely to have "truest" headers.

-K