Scott Raney wrote:

> A few of other issues: What is the behavior when the user clicks on a
> button in this state?  Can they re-select this state (maybe with a
> modifier-key click)?  And what exactly should the button look like on
> the various platforms?

I've nnot seen much that on Win32, to tell the truth, and I suspect that
most Win32 users, as well as pretty much *all* Mac users, would be
confused as hell by it.

Presumably if the box's state was inherited you wouldn't be able to
change it unless it was maybe as a 3-position toggle -- one click for a
full X, another to deselect it entirely, and a third to bring it back to
the original half-selected state. That would seem most logical to me, at
any rate, since hotkey-clicks are generally nonobvious.

--WthmO