Hi

I've been playing (doing research) with mp3 files. (Kind of
addictive. :))  mp3 is supported by both QuickTime and the latest
Media Player from Microsoft.  I have both these loaded under NT 4.0.
Using a player object under 2.3 works fine as expected. I was
wondering what would happen with the "play videoclip" command.

"play videoclip <mp3filename>"

Under 2.3b, this also plays fine. But under 2.2.5, I get an error.

What I really want to know is whether under 2.3 the "play videoclip"
command is making use of QuickTime or of Windows own media resources.
In other words, will it play without QuickTime?

I guess I could remove QuickTime to find out, but I don't relish the
prospect of reinstalling.

Cheers
Dave Cragg