Hi

I'm trying to use custom cursors and I'm struggling with how to set
these up correctly.  For example, when I mouseDown over a particular
object I'd like to cursor to change to a different design and stay
that way until the user does a mouseUp.  I have designed black &
white cursors and I might use a script such as the following

   on mouseDown
     lock cursor
     set the cursor to the id of image "NewCursor"
   end mouseDown

   on mouseUp
     unlock cursor
   end mouseUp

This works fine except I can't get the cursor to look correct unless
I invert the colours, i.e. black to white and vice versa. Is this
because the mouse is Down and MC or the OS is causing an inversion?

What are the rules for designing and applying custom cursors, in particular:
- what sizes can they be? (for Mac & Win cross-platform)
- what colours should be used? (black, white, transparent?)
- what file format should be used? (e.g. GIF with transparent colour
for edges?)

Thanks for any help

Peter
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
Tel: +44 (0)1509 268843 Fax: +44 (0)1509 264986
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk