On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Hugh Senior wrote:

> Buttons can re-use a single image, and be updated as the source image changes.
>
> Would it be equally possible for a field to display the text of another
> field and be automatically updated when the source text is changed? This
> would be immensely useful to maintain multiple instances of the same text
> without duplicating the storage.
>
>  set the sourceField of fld "Address" to fld "Address" of stack "AddressBook"
>
> Is this possible, Scott, perhaps as an item on a wish-list?

Sounds like a recipe for spaghetti to me.  What happens when the
source field changes, do all fields that point to it have to be
live-updated with it?  And what if you change the field, does the
"sourceField" get updated?  What happens with fields with sharedText
set to false, do you have to specify the card?  And the biggest
question: What would this be useful for?
  Regards,
    Scott

Scott Raney  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.metacard.com