Gary Rathbone Wrote :

(snip)
>>So, is there anyway to define different scripts to background fields
>>? Or is the whole point that you can't or shouldn't ?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Gary Rathbone
>>Hooknet

Peter Reid Replied :

>I'd be tempted to have a single generic script for all the fields. If
>each card contains a field which has a unique card number in it
>(assuming I understand you correctly), then simply use this value
>within the field scripts:
>
>on mouseUp
>   go cd (field "CardNo") of wd "Day"
>end mouseUp
>
>Peter

Thanks. The number stored in the field actually has no direct relationship to the
number of the card in the separate window to which the field is linked. So I can't use
a generic script.

I will however write the relevant reference in line 2 of the field (as only the top
line is visible) and then use a generic script to call this...

I think my issue here is developing a Metacard project without full understanding of
the Metacard language/environment.  But, hey, I guess its the best way to learn......
isn't it ?

Thanks

Gary Rathbone
Hooknet