On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Peter Reid wrote:

(big snip)

> I was surprised that MC stacks/windows can't have scrollbars and the
> vScroll property.  I've used this feature in SuperCard, HyperCard and
> ToolBook developments.  This is why I tried to use a 'sub-window'
> approach initially.

This has been discussed (ad nauseum) on this list in the past, but you
really already discovered the key issue in the diagram you posted to
the list: if you want to have a menubar and toolbar and status bar in
the window along with the scrollable area, the
HyperCard/SuperCard/ToolBook design of making the whole window scroll
is essentially useless.  Only the MetaCard way of having independent
scrolling groups does what you need, even though it's a little more
difficult to set up.
  Regards,
    Scott

Scott Raney  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.metacard.com