I've been using QuickTime to play back video clips on a Win 98 system
using MetaCard 2.3Gamma. This has worked fine.  However, when I
uninstalled QT and tried the same stack using VfW I've hit a problem.
When I try playing a video clip I hear the sound track but don't see
the video track at all, not even an empty frame.  Also, I can't
control the playLoudness of the sound playing. If I use the Win Media
Player, then the video clips play back fine with control over the
sound playback volume.  So I know it's not that the Win system
doesn't have the CODECs for the video clips.

Given my need to support "vanilla" Win users (whatever my preference
for QT), this is a show-stopper!

Anyone got any suggestions please!

Cheers
Peter