On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Leston Drake wrote:

> I have an audio clip ("btnup.wav") in my stack that I need to export to a file (I
>need to convert it to AU format, but I've lost the original).
>
> In the Concepts & Techniques help stack, it says "Images, EPS objects, AudioClips
>and VideoClips can be imported and exported using the import and exportcommands..."
>
> I've tried various approaches to the syntax for export, but without success.
>
> Does anyone know the syntax of the "export" command to write a AudioClip to a file?

Bad news: the export command actually only supports exporting images
(a fact documented in the Reference).  You actually can export
videoClips and some image formats by getting the "text" property and
writing that to a file, but even this doesn't work for audio data
because because the engine strips off the header and other important
stuff to save space and processing overhead.  So there is no way
recover the original data in an audio clip once it's been imported...
  Regards,
    Scott