Scott Raney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said, on 3/8/00 3:36 PM:

>Bad news: the export command actually only supports exporting images
>(a fact documented in the Reference).  You actually can export
>videoClips and some image formats by getting the "text" property and
>writing that to a file, but even this doesn't work for audio data
>because because the engine strips off the header and other important
>stuff to save space and processing overhead.  So there is no way
>recover the original data in an audio clip once it's been imported...
>  Regards,
>    Scott

I haven't tried this, but there is at least one program (SndSampler for
the Mac) that has an option to try to import just such headerless sound
data. They don't promise success, but do point out that sound data is
relatively simple, and can only be represented so many ways. In any case,
if it's important, that might be worth a shot.

gc