>> Scott Raney wrote on 04.02.00 7:50 PM:

>On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, Scott Rossi wrote:
>
>> Recently, Geoff Canyon at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> > Is there some
>> > secret to making a .ico file the right size?

>The standard 766 byte icon should be very easy to produce if you just
>specify 32x32x16 colors when creating the icon.

I use a program called IconShop to process my Mac Icons into Windows
icons.
You can find it at <http://users.pandora.be/liontech/>

here is the description from the website:

IconShop is a librarian that offers the tools to manage ICL icon
libraries. Read and write ICL icon libraries. Drag and drop files and
folders from the Windows Explorer onto the IconShop window to process
them. Drag and drop icons or icon images between IconShop windows.
Extract icons from Windows icons, cursors, animated cursors, BMP bitmaps,
GIF bitmaps, TIFF bitmaps, XPM bitmaps, resources, executables and
libraries. Extract icons from Macintosh icons, resources, executables,
IconDropper icon packs and Kaleidoscope schemes, including MacOS 8.5
24-bit icons. Export icons to icon, cursor or BMP bitmap format. Tiny
executable size.

   Tereza Snyder
   Software Developer
   Califex Studio LLC