From: Scott Raney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Lock Messages "Permanently"

> On Tue, 2 May 2000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>
>> There are times when I want "all scripts to shut down"  how can you just tell
your whole stack i.e. all handlers etc to "shut down. . .don't do anything
right now while I work, I'll tell you when >> we are ready to run the show
again."

> Can you be more specific about which messages are causing the problem?
> Just choosing the pointer tool should shut down most of them...
> Regards,
> Scott

Sure, let's say we are in card number one, and the presentation, when
opening Card number 2 runs a handler that shows a field and  dynamically
changes a button icon over time (see below). . .well, during development,
everytime we pass thru card 2 we don't want that to run. . .if I choose the
pointer tool and use the Navigator dialogue to go to flip through the cards,
when passing thru card 2, it still runs even though the pointer tool is
selected. If you have similar handlers in 10 cards in a 20 card presentation
it really slows your development down if they all have to run every time you
make a move.

on preopenCard
  set the icon of button "theimage" to 2018
  hide fld "MainText"
  hide button "theImage"
end preopenCard
on openCard
  wait 200 milliseconds
  showIt
end openCard
on ShowIt
  show fld "MainText" with visual effect iris open slowly
  wait 200 milliseconds
  show button "theImage" with visual effect dissolve fast
  wait 1 seconds
  repeat with x = 1 to 18
    wait 20 ticks
    set the icon of button "theImage" to x+2000
  end repeat
end showIt

Whats neededis a "global static" mode.

Hinduism Today