On 17/5/00 12:42 pm, Pierre Sahores <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi the list,
>
> First : If i run the script below :
>
> on mrl1
> set the directory to "/"
> put the directories into dirsG
> answer dirsG & cr & cr & the number of lines of dirsG
> end mrl1
>
> i get a clean list of the directories and files stored in dirsG but
> nothing about the second part of the last line script request "& cr & cr
> & the number of lines of dirsG".
>
> I'm probably mistaking but where ?

That should be:

the number of lines in dirsG

> Second : Is there some complete doc available anywhere about "the
> directories" related uses.

As far as I know, they are pretty straightforward to use.  You set the
directory then get the directories.  You can set the directory to a relative
path (relative to the current directory) or go up a directory by setting it
to "..".

Regards,

Kevin

> Thank's a lot.
>
> Pierre Sahores
>
> CRDP de l'academie de Creteil
> WEB, DB, ASP, VPN, B2B design

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.xworlds.com/>
Cross Worlds Computing, MetaCard Distributors, Custom Development.
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.