Craig Spooner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said, on 5/31/00 10:09 PM:

>Well, Blair has certainly echoed my feelings. And because everything
>is on the Web these days, wouldn't it make more sense to tie into the
>browser rather than simulate a browser in MC? The MC plugin would
>seem to provide the richer experience for the user and a broader set
>of options for the developer. No?  Mind you, I'm not advocating
>moving everything to the Web.  But that is the locus for so much of
>today's content that the absence of a direct method of integrating
>MetaCard with it would seem to be a serious shortcoming of the
>product.

On the subject of web-enabled apps versus apps-as-plugins; check out

http://www.asktog.com/readerMail/1999-08ReaderMail.html

for some good information and commentary. The gist of it is, if you need
control over the user environment, if you need to do more than a very
simple application, then don't do it in a browser.

Obviously this depends on the strength of MC's implementation within a
browser. But my vote goes for improvements to MC, not trying to make it
run inside a browser.

gc