On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, David Bovill wrote:

> Thanks again Andu...
>
> > From: andu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 12:42:34 -0400 (EDT)
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: Re: POST
> >
> > This is what the server receives from the same form but using GET.:
> >
> > GET /?Field-user=andu&Submit=Submit&Field-pass=also-andu/ HTTP/1.0
> > Connection: Keep-Alive
> > Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8
> >

> but I meant what does the server see following a standard Metacard post/get
> operation as compared to the above examples from Netscape.
>
> >> and also
> >> what Metacard's built in "post" and "get = get url someurl?someparams". That
> >> would give a complete picture...
> >
> > get url "http://www.metacard.com" ; put it
> > post "I should read the docs first" to url "the_url.com"
> >

> I'd like to see what the standard http headers that Metacard sends with
> these commands and how they can be changed/overridden.
>

> Thanks a bundle.
>
> NB. Scott if your reading (as ever), is there really no documentation at all
> on httpheaders property? Do you get this sort of stuff here form the list,
> or is there any other form of more extensive documentation you can get hold
> of (naturally at a price?)

I think you're expecting too much: the httpHeaders property is empty
by default, and you'll find documentation about what you can put in
there by reading the HTTP protocol RFCs.  By default MetaCard just
includes the first line and a "Content-Length:" header.  Putting some
of the others (particularly the Host: header) wouldn't be a bad idea,
depending what HTTP server you're trying to connect to.
  Regards,
     Scott