On 23/11/00 12:50 pm, Monte Goulding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it possible to use metacard as a server on a web hosted by a third party?
> ie I assume I can't get my ISP to host my web and place mc in it to run cgi
> and mt scripts.

Yes, but only with some ISPs.  You need to ask them if you can run an
executable on their server: and the vast majority will say no.  It tends to
be possible when you have a dedicated server package, though those are more
expensive and require lots of maintenance (thats what we use).

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited (formerly Cross Worlds Computing).
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.