The one function I've been able to perform with the
DDE external is to make a specific web page appear in
my browser. I know that it is possible to use DDE to
learn what URL is currently in the browser because I
can do that with webSpy and that program uses DDE. But
I can't find the commands to do that with the
external.

Just a few other items on the wish list:

1. send some data to an Excel spreadsheet, have Excel
munch on it, retrieve the data to display in Metacard

2. send an SQL string to an ACCESS database to gather
some data for display in Metacard

But for now I'd like to learn how to do anything at
all or be pointed to some reference where I could look
up the commands.

Thanks, Michael Kann, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---Kevin Miller promptly replied:

What are you trying to do?  Perhaps someone on this
list can help point you to instructions for whatever
it is?

---Michael Kann originally wrote:

I would really like to see a list of commands that
can be used with the DDE external found in the
wonderful set of externals by Tuviah Snyder. I have
searched on the Internet for commands and syntax that
I might use with this external, but haven't had any
luck. This one external would sell the whole package
if people knew how to use it.