Sivakatirswami a écrit :

> Our html files are created on MACs using an xTalk engine (soon to be
> completely MC based)  but end up living the entire life after creation on a
> UNIX/Linux server. . .my sysop for the archive server has trouble when we
> ask to search and replace a string over many files and directories because
> for some reason our Mac files are "just one long sentence!" He says "they
> don't follow UNIX text file conventions"
>
> Now, does anyone know how I can process such a file so that it DOES follow
> Unix conventions? Something like:
>
> put URL "file:/whatever" into tData
>
> Fix-The-Data-For-Unix tData
>
> put tData into URL "file:/whatever-unix.txt"
>
> Hinduism Today
>
> Sivakatirswami
> Editor's Assistant/Production Manager
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> www.HinduismToday.com, www.HimalayanAcademy.com,
> www.Gurudeva.org, www.hindu.org
>
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/metacard@lists.runrev.com/
> Please send bug reports to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, not this list.

1.- Best : You can use the mc chartonum() function to check the differences
betwin the MacOS and Linux chars tables and than parse the needed file with the
"replace numtochar(xx) with numtochar(yy) in varzz".
2.- You can use BBEdit to check the same chars tables differences or save the
macos files to the unix file format.
3.- You can put your html code betwin "<pre>" and "</pre>" tags (not
recommanded).

Regards, Pierre Sahores
--
chef de projet cyberlibrairie