on 1/7/01 4:01 AM, Pierre Sahores at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> 1.- Best : You can use the mc chartonum() function to check the differences
> betwin the MacOS and Linux chars tables and than parse the needed file with
> the
> "replace numtochar(xx) with numtochar(yy) in varzz".

Well we are already processing out all the Mac only chars like curly quotes,
m-dashes ("‹") and other "off the charts" Mac characters,  before shipping
the file to the web host servers. I think the non-Unix compatible text file
issue has to do with line breaks being mandatory in UNIX?

Hinduism Today

Sivakatirswami
Editor's Assistant/Production Manager
[EMAIL PROTECTED]