I have been having clipboard woes and ran a test that showed surprising results but
suggested no solutions.  Maybe someone will have an idea...

The problem only exists on the PC running Windows (thanks again, Bill).

To simplify the test explanation, I have a stack with three cards each containing a
unique image and text field.

  Card 1    Image A    Text AA
  Card 2    Image B    Text BB
  Card 3    Image C    Text CC

Before starting the test, I opened the Clipboard Viewer on Windows as well as
MicroSoft Word.

I go to the first card and select Image A and copy.  In the Clipboard Viewer
(hereafter called CV), the image appears.  I notice that under the Display Menu on the
CV are the options "Auto," "Bitmap," and "DIB Bitmap."  Selecting "Bitmap" shows Image
A in the CV.  Selecting "DIB Bitmap" (what is DIB Bitmap?) also shows image A.  I now
go to MicroSoft Word and paste and Image A is pasted.

Now I go back to the stack and card 2 and select Image B and copy.  Image B appears in
the CV with "Bitmap" selected under the Display menu.  However, when I chose "DIB
Bitmap," I find that Image A is STILL stored there.  I go to MS Word and paste and
Image A is again pasted, not Image B.

Now as I go to card 3, back to Card 2, etc., selecting and copying the image from
each, the new image is copied to the CV as Bitmap each time but Image A always remains
under the DIB Bitmap option and it is that image that gets pasted each time.  If I
chose "Delete" under the Edit menu in the CV, the clipboard is cleared and the above
process can now be repeated.

With the clipboard cleared, I now go to card 2 and select Image B and copy.  Image B
appears in the CV as Bitmap and also as DIB Bitmap.  I can now paste Image B into MS
Word.  I go to card 3 and select image C and copy.  Image C appears in the CV as
Bitmap but Image B remains as DIB Bitmap.  Attempting to paste only pastes Image B
(the DIB Bitmap).  I now select the text in the field on Card 3 (ie. Text CC) and
copy.  The text appears in the CV and can be pasted into Word.  Under the Display menu
in the CV, I now have several options for "Text," "OEM Text," "Bitmap," and "DIB
Bitmap."  With "Text" selected, I see Text CC in the CV that I just copied.  Choosing
"OEM Text" gives me the same Text CC but in a different font.  Choosing "Bitmap," I
see Image C.  Choosing "DIB Bitmap," I see Image B.  All attempts at pasting will
paste the Text CC.  In fact, I can now select any image and copy and that image will
be stored as Bitmap in the CV.  The DIB Bitmap never changes from the !
!
first image I copied.  I can cop
y and paste text but now matter what I last copied (ie. image or text), once text is
copied, ONLY text is ever pasted.

Help!  I simply want to be able to copy an image or text and paste the last thing I
copied.  I also tried selecting the text of an empty field and copying that before
each attempt (as mentioned earlier this week on the list) but that did not help.  How
do I reset the clipboard each time (as the Delete option in the CV Edit menu does) and
get it to paste the last item I copied whether it be an image or text?  My actual
program involves hundreds of images and text fields.

To summarize:
1) When an image is first copied, it is saved on the clipboard as Bitmap and DIB
Bitmap.
2) All subsequent images are copied to Bitmap.  The first image copied remains in DIB
Bitmap.
3) Attempting to paste always pastes the DIB Image which never changes.
4) Text may be copied and is stored as Text and OEM text.
5) Pasting will paste the text last copied.
6) If any text has been copied, that text is always pasted even if an image was copied
after the text.
7) Choosing Delete from the Clipboard Viewer menu clears (resets) the clipboard and
the whole process can be repeated.

Any solution (or plausible workaround) to this problem is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Philip Chumbley